2022 NFL Draft Recap: Los Angeles Chargers
The 2022 NFL Draft has concluded after months of scrutiny about these prospects, potential landing spots, team and scheme fits, and so on. Now we get to start the entire process all over again now that we have team landing spots for these college prospects.
Today, we tackle the Los Angeles Chargers and how they fared in the 2022 NFL Draft.
Los Angeles' 2022 NFL Draft selections:
- Round 1 (17): Zion Johnson, OL, Boston College
- Round 3 (79): JT Woods, S, Baylor
- Round 4 (123): Isaiah Spiller, RB, Texas A&M
- Round 5 (160): Otito Ogbonnia, DT, UCLA
- Round 6 (195): Jamaree Salyer, OL, Georgia
- Round 6 (214): Ja'Sir Taylor, DB, Wake Forest
- Round 7 (236): Deane Leonard, DB. Mississippi
- Round 7 (260): Zander Horvath, FB, Purdue
The 2022 Fantasy Impact:
Isaiah Spiller was expected to be the third running back off the board, but after he slipped into the fourth round, the Chargers pounced on a backup for Austin Ekeler. Spiller is already the de facto second in line behind Ekeler, so he is the premier handcuff option for one of the top five running backs in the league. Unlike last season, when we had to collectively throw our hands in the air and shrug when guessing between Justin Jackson, Larry Rountree, and Joshua Kelley, Spiller should have a clear-cut role in this backfield. Look for him to carve out a bigger role as the season progresses.
Follow Britt Flinn on Twitter @britt_flinn!