Week 9 NFL Power Rankings
This week was much harder than some weeks when it came to ranking all 32 teams. Because of that, I'm sure that will ruffle some feathers and lead to some spirited debate. I welcome that and if you agree, or disagree with my Week 9 NFL Power Rankings, make sure to let me know on Twitter. Just don't be mean...my feelings get hurt very easily, #Snowflake
You can find me on Twitter @fantasygeek37
Week 9 NFL Power Rankings
1. Kansas City Chiefs (7-0, no change) - They did what they were supposed to do and destroyed Polk High...I mean, the New York Jets.
2. Pittsburgh Steelers (7-1, no change) - The Steelers had a huge win against their divisional rival Baltimore, and are poised for a deep run in the playoffs.
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (6-2, +3) - It was a brutal week for the top teams in the NFL, but while many top teams lost, the Bucs found a way to squeak out a win.
4. Seattle Seahawks (6-1, +4) - While they may have holes in their defense, Russell Wilson has the offense in Seattle humming.
5. Arizona Cardinals (5-2, +3) - You can significantly move up in the power rankings when three teams ranked above you all surprisingly lose.
6. New Orleans Saints (5-2, +3) - It may not have been pretty, but the Saints beat the Bears and are keeping pace with the Bucs in the NFC South.
7. Baltimore Ravens (5-2, -3) - A loss to the Steelers is nothing to be ashamed of, but they could have cemented their place in the elite of the league with a win.
8. Green Bay Packers (5-2, -5) - The Packers suffered an embarrassing loss to the Vikings and are looking to rebound against the 49ers on Thursday Night Football.
9. Buffalo Bills (6-2, +3) - It may not have been pretty, but the Bills staked their dominance in the AFC East by defeating the Patriots.
10. Indianapolis Colts (5-2, +4) - The Colts were well prepared coming off a bye as they smashed the Lions. Their defense has been great, and scoring 41 points in Week 8 was a promising sign for this teams outlook.
11. Tennessee Titans (5-2, -6) - The Titans learned that you can't underestimate anyone in the league as they were humbled by the Bengals.
12. Miami Dolphins (4-3, +3) - The offense wasn't pretty in Tua Tagovailoa's first NFL game as a starter, but the Dolphins' defense stepped up and they took down a tough Rams team.
13. LA Rams (5-3, -2) - I've been saying all along the Dolphins are a better team than many think, but with that said, the Rams should have been able to beat them in Tua's first game as a starter.
14. Las Vegas Raiders (4-3, +2) - Keep an eye on the Raiders as they have been sneaky good, and have a couple of winnable games against the Chargers and Broncos in the next two weeks.
15. San Francisco 49ers (4-4, -5) - It just doesn't look like this will be the year for the Niners.
16. Cleveland Browns (5-3, -3) - The Browns are happy to see the bye in Week 9 as they fell 16-6 to the Raiders in Week 8.
17. Denver Broncos (3-4, +5) - Drew Lock threw three touchdowns in a Week 8 win over the Chargers, and if the Broncos want to take the next step forward, they will need to have him perform at a high level.
18. Chicago Bears (5-3, -2) - The Bears are just an ugly team. Until they can get competent quarterback play, this team will flounder in the middle of the pack.
19. Philadelphia Eagles (3-4-1, +2) - The Eagles beat the Cowboys easily, but the world is waiting to see just how few wins the winner of the NFC East will have.
20. Atlanta Falcons (2-6, +4) - The Falcons have now won two of their last three games and it should have been three in a row if it weren't for the Lions debacle.
21. Carolina Panthers (3-5, -3) - The Panthers (and us fantasy footballers) are praying that we finally see Christian McCaffrey return in Week 9.
22. Minnesota Vikings (2-5, +5) - Maybe a Week 8 surprise win against the Packers, as well as a Week 9 matchup against the pitiful Lions, is just what the Vikings need to get their season on track.
23. Cincinnati Bengals (2-5-1, +3) - The Bengals caused me to be eliminated in my last remaining Survival Pool. Damn those Tennessee Titans for costing me money!
24. LA Chargers (2-5 -5) - While the record may not quite be there for the Chargers, this is a competitive team and has a promising future under quarterback, Justin Herbert.
25. Washington Football Team (2-5, no change) - Coming off a bye, the Football Team is looking to avenge their Week 6 loss to the Giants.
26. New England Patriots (2-6, -3) - Bill Belichick misses Tom Brady...
27. Detroit Lions (3-5, -7) - The Lions showed us that they are a long ways away from being a quality football team.
28. Houston Texans (1-6, no change) - The time is now for the Texans. Coming off a bye, they now face the Jaguars, Browns, Patriots, and Lions in the next four weeks. They have a chance to show us all they aren't supposed to be among the bottom dwellers in the NFL.
29. New York Giants (1-7, no change) - The Giants put up a good fight against Tampa Bay in Week 8, but couldn't quite bring home the bacon.
30. Dallas Cowboys (2-6, no change) - Who will play quarterback for the Cowboys? I don't think it really matters, do you?
31. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-6, no change) - "See previous response"
32. New York Jets (0-8, no change) - At this point, the Jets entire season would be a success if they could just win one game.